It is normal for humans to lose some volume in the skin as we advance in age. This volume loss is what eventually leads to sagging of the skin and formation of wrinkles. Juvederm which is a dermal filler has proven to be an efficient nonsurgical and minimally-invasive way to fill up on the lost volumes such as facial folds and wrinkles, together with lines especially around the areas of the mouth, the nose and also the forehead. Juvederm works by adding volume back into the skin so that facial contours can be maximally restored in good time. The smooth, hyaluronic acid gel will instantly fill up, and is also regarded as a stimulant in the production of two proteins – elastin and collagen – it’s these two proteins have the responsibility of making the skin full due to the addition of volume and also more elasticity. The results can be immediately noticed and it is completely natural looking.
JUVEDERM XC can be used in the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles which includes corner lines, small lines, vertical lip lines, and marionette lines. Another type of Juvederm that has FDA approval for the addition of volumes to the cheeks to give it a lift is JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC. Hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring sugar in the human body, and which has a high affinity for water, thereby attracting water to add volume and plump the skin in order to smoothen out the wrinkles on the skin surface is a major component of Juvederm.
Juvederm is a highly beneficial form of skin treatment and can slow down or even completely erase so many aging signs. As a cosmetic anti-aging filler, Juvederm has a number of uses and benefits which includes but is not limited to plumping up of your lips, treatment of scars arising from acne, and as noted earlier, filling of facial volume and erasing of wrinkles. There are many other benefits that you can attain when you choose to make Juvederm your treatment option, let’s discuss a few of these options below:
- Juvederm is Minimally Invasive – Juvederm procedure involves the use of a very small needle to make a few tiny injections. Because of this, the risk of scarring is very minimal and practically nonexistent. Another thing is that, since it’s an outpatient procedure, the treatment will in no way interfere with your activities as you can carry on with your normal routine immediately your treatment is complete. Also, with Juvederm treatment, the risk of having side effects is very low. Even when there is a rare case of side effects occurring as a result of using Juvederm are always mind and never critical.
- Contains Lidocaine – Lidocaine is an ingredient in Juvederm that ensures that you will get maximum comfort during the treatment procedure as it an anesthetic. Lidocaine helps to numb the treatment area so you do not feel pain in the course of undergoing treatment.
- . It is Made of Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid which is the major ingredient in Juvederm occurs naturally within our skin. As time goes on, however, the rate of production in our bodies begin to decline steadily which is a major reason why it is contained in a large number of anti-aging products. Hyaluronic acid assists in the attraction of moisture to the treatment area, as Juvederm steadily produces collagen.
- It is the Perfect Tool for Slowing the Signs of Aging – Do you know that if you have wrinkles that are mild or moderate and you do not want to commit to a more intense procedure then, you are a perfect candidate for the use of Juvederm? The costs of treatment and the risks involved are minimal but the results, in contrast, are highly noticeable and aesthetic. Not to forget, even patients with severe wrinkles can also subscribe to the use of Juvederm for treatment although, their treatment regimen, in this case, has to be more specialized.
- Treatment is Reversible – Although in most cases you will be happy with the results of your treatment but, if you for any reason decide to take the fillings out then you should know it’s very possible. The procedure is completely reversible with the use of a reversal agent.
- Can Be Used on Other Body Parts – One body part that Juvederm is very useful for adding volume is the lips. For people with thin lips that desire to have fuller lips, there is no need to undergo a different procedure altogether. This is because injection of the Juvederm to your lips can add volume and give your lips a fuller feel. Your lips will, therefore, be plump, pleasing to the eyes and most of all very natural looking.Juvederm is highly beneficial as it can give you a beautiful and younger look than normal while maintaining a natural look. You can comfortably say goodbye to your wrinkles and the lines on your face and even thinning lips by using Juvederm with minimal pain and side effects. All these show the benefits of Juvederm for you if you opt for it as your treatment choice.
You should discuss with your specialist if you are interested in learning more about Juvederm or even set up a consultation to begin treatment. It is however imperative that you let your surgeon know about any allergies that you may have had toward fillers in the past because this could interfere with the success of the procedure.
After marking the sites for injection and then injecting you with the Juvederm with the aid of a fine needle, your surgeon will massage your skin gently to ensure that there is an even distribution. The results are immediately noticed and will continue to improve for up to 7 days after the procedure. It has been noted to last for up to between 9 months to 12 months while Juvederm Voluma can last for up to even 24 months. You can give it a try to enjoy the benefits of Juvederm.