The fullness of your cheeks is a hereditary condition caused by buccal fat pads that we are all born with.
With the buccal fat pads, your facial contour is rounded and less defined. What’s more, you cannot lose the chubbiness through any form of dieting or exercise routine.
This is where cheek slimming surgery and cheek liposuction become viable options. This cosmetic surgery involves the removal of our buccal fat pads as well as any excess fat in your face through a liposuction procedure.
Cheek reduction is an outpatient surgery that is usually performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon.
The operation often takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour to complete. After the surgery, you are left with a more pronounced jawline and cheekbones.
BENEFITS OF CHUBBY CHEEKS LIPOSUCTION AND CHUBBY CHEEK SURGERY
Cheek reduction surgery and facial liposuction are effective procedures for both male and female patients. Some of the key benefits available to you when cheek surgery and facial liposuction is performed include:
- A non-invasive procedure: The first thing you should know about lipo on face cheeks is that it is a non-invasive operation. In addition to this, you are left with no scarring and the healing process is a quick one.
- A well defined facial structure: Cheek reduction is a surgery to make cheeks slimmer and ensure that your facial structure is well-defined.
- Enhanced facial appearance: A rounded face tends to hide your true beauty. However, with cheek lipo, your beauty becomes more apparent as the contours of your face are sculpted and chiseled.
- Cheek fat removal is permanent: You do not have to worry about your chubby cheeks making a return, as the surgical procedure is a permanent one.
- Little or no complications: You can expect very little (if any) complications after cheek reduction. Your cosmetic surgeon will ensure all necessary precautions are adhered to before, during and after the procedure. This way you will be certain of avoiding any short or long-term health issues arising from the surgery.
TREATMENT CONSIDERATIONS FOR CHEEK FAT REMOVAL
Your cosmetic surgeon will examine your face before any procedure is recommended. Typically, with a reduce cheeks surgery your buccal fat pads are removed while you are under general anesthesia or I.V. sedation.
The surgeon extracts your buccal fat pads from inside your mouth where small incisions are made from which the buccal fat pads are removed. But the removal of the buccal fat pads may not be sufficient on its own.
Before the procedure your surgeon determines what other procedure would be ideally suited to your peculiar case and goals including facial liposuction.
The cosmetic surgeon marks out portions of your face for the lipo then removes fat (subcutaneous fat) from those marked out portions usually around your cheeks, jawline, and neck areas.
QUALITIES OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR SMART LIPO CHEEKS REDUCTION
Before you undergo any facial liposuction, your cosmetic surgeon has to ascertain that you qualify for the procedure.
Here are qualities of a perfect candidate for smart lipo cheeks reduction.
- Weight: Patients with an average (or just over) weight are preferred candidates for this procedure. Overweight or obese individuals are not.
- General health: Your cosmetic surgeon would enquire about the state of your general health. Patients with serious underlying health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease are usually not good candidates for face lipo.
- Skin texture and elasticity: Having a smooth skin texture and relatively elastic skin qualifies you for a facial liposuction.
- Thin skin: Typically, having a thin skin will not qualify you for facial liposuction. However, you should first visit your cosmetic surgeon to determine if your skin is thin or not. If it is determined that your skin is too thin, then your cosmetic surgeon would recommend other options for cheek reduction.
- Nonsmoker: Smokers do not make great candidates for a cheek lipo procedure.
CHEEK LIPO PROCEDURE
Cheek lipo involves a 30 minute to 1 hour outpatient procedure. Your cosmetic surgeon marks parts of your cheek (for the lipo) using a pen. You are given general anesthesia before the operation commences. Your surgeon may use a number of different techniques to remove the excess fat and these include:
- Cannula suction: The cannula is a tiny metallic tube that is inserted in your cheeks via a small incision. The cannula is attached to a suction equipment which then sucks out the fat from the cheeks.
- Laser: Laser lipo cheeks is a procedure involving the use of a laser in breaking down fatty tissue in your cheeks.
- Tumescent: Here an epinephrine, pain medication and saline solution is injected into your cheek which causes it to swell and stiffen. The swelling and stiffening of your cheek region makes it easy for the cosmetic surgeon to remove the excess fat.
- Ultrasound: Your surgeon inserts a tiny metallic rod that generates ultrasonic energy into the marked out area of your cheek. The ultrasound produced by the tiny metallic rod will then break down fat tissue in your cheek area.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CHEEK FAT REMOVAL SURGERY
Generally, cheek fat removal surgery is well tolerated by most patients. However, you may experience some discomfort and swelling after the operation. This is a normal and temporary side effect.
In rare cases patients may react badly to the general anesthesia administered. Some patients may experience numbness infection in and around the small incision made for the lipo procedure.
Seroma is also a rare condition that patients may be exposed to. This is where fluid accumulates under their skin. It is always advisable to immediately inform your cosmetic surgeon of any side effect you may experience after an operation.
PRELIMINARY FACIAL CHEEK REDUCTION SURGERY CARE
Your cosmetic surgeon will always provide you with specific pre-surgery care instructions. These instructions may include:
- A medical evaluation and/or lab testing.
- Instructions to use certain prescribed medications.
- Instructions to alter your current use of prescribed medications.
- Instructions to stop drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes or vaping.
- Instructions to stop using anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers like aspirin, and/or herbal supplements.
RECOVERY FROM CHEEK FAT SURGERY
Due to the incision made in your mouth by your surgeon, he or she will normally instruct you to only consume fluids 24 hours after the
You may then start to consume soft meals for the next 5 days. The incisions normally do not require any form of post-op care. The sutures would usually dissolve on their own accord as well.
It is not unusual to experience swelling and soreness around the site of the operation. This swelling may last for between 5 to 10 days after facial liposuction is performed.
You can expect to recover fully from cheek surgery within a month leaving you with a more slender facial appearance.
COST OF CHEEK REDUCTION SURGERY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons state that the average cost of cheek liposuction is USD$3,518. However, this cost may be less or more depending on several factors including where you reside and the type of liposuction technique applied.
However, the cost of liposuction also includes the cost of administering general anesthesia, the cheek fat removal cost and the cost of post-op consultation.
You can book an appointment with your cosmetic surgeon in Houston today to find out what you personally have to pay for the procedure.
FAQ ABOUT CHEEK LIPOSUCTION
Q1: How can one reduce face fat?
A1: You can reduce face fat through a cheek lipo procedure.
Q2: What is buccal pad fat removal?
A2: This is the removal of buccal fat pads located in your cheeks. We are all born with the buccal fat pads and they give the cheeks a chubby appearance.
Q3: Can a person get facial liposuction to slim the face?
A3: Yes. A person can use facial liposuction to achieve a sculpted, chiseled facial appearance.
Q4: Who are the best candidates for liposuction?
A4: The best candidates of liposuction are those with an elastic, thick, and smooth skin. Your lifestyle habits are also a consideration.
CHEEK FAT PAD REMOVAL AT PREMIERE SURGICAL ARTS
Premiere Surgical Arts is the number one cosmetic surgical clinic in Houston, Texas. We offer you free consultation with our highly experienced and qualified cosmetic surgeons.
You will get the opportunity to discuss your cosmetic goals and expectations with a surgeon.
We will recommend the best possible cheek fat removal procedure for you and schedule your operation at your most convenient date. You can request an appointment with us today to get started.