Every year the medical scene changes as new and innovative techniques are constantly tested to give patients that fight to be perfect in all aspect of the word. Vaser liposuction is another form of liposuction that is aimed at changing the contour and appearance by extracting fat deposit that won’t just go away. The word VASER liposuction is a process that uses Vibration Amplification of Sound energy at Resonance to melt fat. It is a technological means where ultrasound technology and vibration to dissolve fat cells through ultrasonic frequency waves pass through the body. These ultrasonic waves are dissolves the fat cells making them liquid which is then sucked out using a suction tube. So it is fair to say that Vaser is a combo of ultrasound frequency waves and liposuction.
In comparison with liposuction, it is a cosmetic procedure technique; it doesn’t eliminate visceral fat from your body and comes with its risk, benefits, and complications. The article below aims to do justice to this topic but focusing on the side effects mostly.
The risk of Vaser Liposuction
It is nice to know that there is a surgical cosmetic procedure that is a better option to the conventional liposuction techniques, but as we all know, in every surgical procedure there are risks, and Vaser liposuction is not different.
- However, patients that undergo Vaser liposuction experience some medical issues namely;
- Skin and tissue are prone to get burnt from the heat emitted from the ultrasound during the process.
- There is also the high probability that skin in the regions where fat was removed through Vaser liposuction might be difficult to tighten making your skin look dropping and wavy except the patient undergoes another surgery to tuck or remove excess skin
- Patients have suffered skin discoloration or even change in the pigmentation after the Vaser procedure.
- There is a higher risk of getting an infection in the body from the point of incision prior to the procedure.
Other side effects are same as experience with the conventional liposuction method such as
- Fat embolism: when fat cells enter into the bloodstream causing harm in other parts of the body or a blockage in the blood vessel
- Numbness: this is due to the anesthetic used during the procedure, the numbness will go away later, but the patient also suffers from such.
- Pain and bruising: especially because of the ultrasound and wave movement used to dissolve the fat cells in the body
- Excessive blood loss: this is one fear for most people dread when going under the knife but there is technology to track and see to it that patients are fine before and after, but anything can happen and one is blood loss
- Vein thrombosis, Seromas, hematomas, contour irregularities, bumps and dimples, swelling, redness, improper drainage, infection of the skin and in most cases increase in body temperature, dizziness, drowsiness, vomiting, loss of appetite, and nausea.
Now that we are aware of Vaser liposuction side effect, let understand more about the procedure and other stuff you need to know.
The advantages of Vaser Liposuction
- This procedure makes use of a smaller instrument unlike liposuction reducing the risk of damaging underlying tissues, organs, and even the upper skin. Vaser liposuction also reduces swelling faster than the regular liposuction.
- Vaser liposuction is a less invasive procedure with a faster recovery time that liposuction with patients going back to their daily activity after the procedure
- Vaser liposuction can be performed while the patient is awake and in your doctor’s office after which you can go home. This is because anesthesia is only used in the area where the fat will be extracted.
- Even though there are side effects, Vaser liposuction procedure when performed properly will rarely experience any operation unlike the traditional liposuction
- The change in contouring and body appearance is notable in the first week and unbelievable results in the long run
- Contouring and fat extraction is smoother, flawless and simpler with skin retraction and tightened faster.
To enjoy this flawless procedure to a sexier and shapely body, visit www.premieresurgicalarts.com for the surgeon in the Huston area today.
Who is the candidate for Vaser Liposuction?
Note: Vaser liposuction or body liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, but a purely cosmetic surgery to contour and re-shape the body. For any candidate that wants to undergo this procedure, you have to be healthy, stop smoking, drinking, and maintain the right body weight for a period of six months. Vaser liposuction is similar to liposuction, so every precaution taken is double checked prior to the procedure.
- When a candidate is declared as the ideal candidate, they undergo further examination for the procedure. The doctor examines the area where the fat will be removed from.
- On the day of the operation, the surgeon uses a marker to mark off the area targeted for fat removal
- Local anesthesia is administered to the area after 15 minutes which the drugs will have kicked it
- The surgeon then makes a small incision, and then inserting a small pen-like instrument is used to extract the fat that is melted by the heat until the perfect contour is attained.
- After the procedure is complete, the regions are wrapped tightly with a post-surgical garment for up to 3 days. This is followed by antibiotics and a follow-up check to the doctor’s office for evaluation. The incisions normally heal on their own.
- The bandages and post-operation garments are removed after the swelling has gone down, but patients are advised to take their medication and see the doctor if they feel any pain or complication after the procedure.
- Patients can go ahead with their normal life without the need for any hospitalization which is why Vaser liposuction is the in comparison to the regular liposuction.
If you are still in doubt of this procedure, it is better you get professional advice on it before making your decision. For more information or for certified and qualified medical practitioner that will help you through the process, visit www.premieresurgicalarts.com for a consultation, you deserve to look good; we can make it all happen.