Varicose veins are dense masses of tangled, twisted, and knotted leg veins bulging from the skin’s surface. They often look deep-blue, purple, reddish, or skin-colored, and they generally appear on the thighs or hips. The risk of varicose veins is particularly high amongst overweight or pregnant individuals since varicose veins are caused by blood accumulation in the leg veins.
Approximately 23% or 1 in 4 adults in the United States suffer from varicose veins at some point in their lives. As such, varicose veins are an extremely common condition. Most people assume varicose veins in Houston are relatively harmless or a mere cosmetic condition, which is incorrect. Varicose veins in Houston are a result of underlying chronic venous insufficiency, making them medically dangerous.
of Vein Treatment in Houston
If you have varicose veins in Houston, you must contact our vein and vascular center for effective vein treatment in Houston. Contrary to popular belief, varicose veins aren’t harmless cosmetic problems, but rather symptomatic of a dangerous medical condition called chronic venous insufficiency.
Healthy leg veins contain vein valves that ensure smooth one-way blood circulation to the heart. Chronic venous insufficiency is a circulatory disorder that occurs when these leg veins collapse, causing blood to flow backward, eventually accumulating in the leg veins. The continued accumulation of blood in leg veins leads to varicose veins in Houston.
As such, vein treatment in Houston is necessary to treat the underlying vein disease. Initially, you may suffer from varicose veins, leg cramps, and restless legs syndrome. But if left untreated, venous insufficiency may lead to profuse bleeding, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, deep vein thrombosis, etc.
BENEFITS OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE
Vein Treatment in Houston
- Minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures
- Extremely effective
- Hospitalization isn’t necessary
- Performed under local anesthesia, so there’s minimal pain or discomfort
- Negligible risk of side effects or complications
- Concludes within an hour
- No downtime or extended recovery period
- Covered by most insurance plans
The best vein treatment clinics and cosmetic centers recommend minimally invasive varicose vein treatments instead of complex vascular surgeries. In the past, vein doctors only performed vein stripping and other surgical procedures to treat varicose veins in Houston. However, thanks to modern technologies, vascular surgeries are now considered relatively ineffective and dangerous.
The following are some of the most effective minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this minimally invasive varicose vein treatment, thermal energy is used to collapse the diseased vein, treating varicose veins.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During this varicose vein treatment in Houston, laser energy is delivered to the diseased vein’s walls to collapse the problematic saphenous vein.
- VenaSeal: During this varicose vein treatment in Houston, the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased vein to seal its walls.
- Sclerotherapy: During this spider vein treatment in Houston, the vein doctor injects sclerosant solution into the spider veins to make them fade away from the skin’s surface.
After the varicose vein treatment in Houston, our vein doctor will discuss postoperative recovery guidelines. The vein doctor may advise wearing compression stockings and walking for at least an hour a day to facilitate smooth blood circulation to the heart. You should avoid strenuous activities, like heavy lifting and bicycle riding, for a few days or weeks after the procedure. But other than those considerations, you can return to work and most daily activities immediately.
CONSULT VEIN AND VASCULAR CENTER, HOUSTON
During your consultation, Dr. Jung carefully examines your leg veins, discusses your cosmetic goals, and identifies the root cause of your varicose veins. Based on the diagnosis and consultation, he curates the ideal varicose vein treatment in Houston for your specific needs. Dr. Jung specializes in vascular imaging and the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.